Monday, July 16, 2012

End of Week 5


Just the other day I was at a gig and during my break I pulled out a protein bar. A woman from the party came out for a smoke and asked what I was eating. I told her and she said, “ Oh, you're one of THOSE people. You guys make me sick.” (Her tone wasn't really mean. I could tell she was partly just picking on me but she also seemed to be saying what she really felt. Another man came out with a beer and got into the conversation. He said his diet consisted of beer, cigars and Cheetohs.  

I've seen this many times before where people get disgusted by other people trying to be healthy. I can see that if you have no purpose in life, if you don't believe in God, and if you don't understand the basics of how and why we are here; there would be no point in trying to be healthy. I just have to say I am so thankful that there is a God and I know Him. He's not my idea. He's not another persons idea. A lot of other made up gods and religions ruin it for people so they think being a Christian is another one thrown in the mix. I can guarantee that if anyone does their research and is truly honest and not lazy about it, will realize there is a God and He guides us to understand Him through the Bible. Knowing all this gives me great purpose in being the best I can be to love God and love others.

We are at a stage in this program where it would be easy to give up or get lazy. We've had some good results from it. There still are challenges to keeping up with it. I can feel the temptations starting to come in. You don't really think you can win this do you? You are just wasting your time. Look at all these delicious sweets you could be eating. You're too busy for this. You've had some good success so it's okay to give up now.

Luckily the temptations haven't been too strong but it's letting me know that it will get harder because we aren't even half way through this yet. Just like in my workouts, I need to keep good form. God has been blessing us through this program. He's helped us grow in so many ways through this. There really is no reason to quit. There is so much more reason to keep going and win this.

No comments:

Post a Comment