Sunday, February 17, 2013

2012 Body for Life Champion!


So I just found that I am the 2012 Body for Life Champion!! I can't believe it right now. It really has not sunk in. It is such an honor. I'm honored that the judges thought I was worthy enough for this position. This transformation was a team effort with my wife Liz. Even though I may have won the title, the honor goes to Liz too. I actually remember thinking she had a better chance at winning than I did. I'm truly excited that we can now, more than ever, inspire others with our transformation. This now gives us credibility to encourage others.  Of my five goals in the beginning I can now mark off the last goal of winning.

When I got the email saying they wanted to have a phone conversation with me, I thought I'd better review my blog and remind myself of my journey last summer. As I read through I had forgotten a lot that I had been through with it. Most of all, I was reminded that this was God's battle. I relived how God worked with us in this transformation providing opportunities for us to get the right workout in and how He provided the finances for all the healthy foods we needed. All the different thoughts and encouragements that came along were completely from Him. I noticed in week 8 of my blog I wrote, “I am pretty sure that our only chance at winning this competition is to have God on our side.” People, this is more than a coincidence. Another interesting thing happened recently. I had forgotten about the competition since we did it last summer. About a week and a half ago I was looking through an old prayer list of mine and one of the things on it was “Win Body for Life.” I said a little prayer about it remembering that God WAS with us on that journey. It was only later that day that I received the email saying they wanted to talk with me. I did a phone interview the next day as a finalist and the following day they called me to tell me I was the champion for my age group. Woah!

I could easily run off saying, “Look what I did!” I'm thankful I wrote this blog that reminds me and can show others that it is God who was working through me. So my boasting is in Him. This has been a big step for me in my spiritual journey to heaven and I am encouraged all the more to commit whatever I do to God.

God, I can't believe this! I'm amazed at Your faithfulness in this event. I wish I could say I knew and trusted all along that this would happen. I realize this is all part of Your purposes. I am nothing. I want more than ever to follow You and make sure I am on Your side in all my battles. Please let this be an encouragement to others to commit their lives to You.

If you are unfamiliar with the Body for Life program, you can check it out at this link:

If you are unfamiliar with this amazing God I server, read the Holy Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment