Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 1 Done


Actually a little more than one week. We put in a good first week. We met all of our food requirements and workout requirements. Hitting the level 10 intensities is hard. In the book it says you won't always hit them. It's difficult because we are still learning what our bodies can handle. We are trying to avoid injury so we let up a bit sometimes. Overall we are both surprised at how hard we have been able to train without injuring ourselves. The 4 or 5 days we were very sore and tired but now on day 8 we are beginning to get energized and we are recovering much quicker. I had read multiple times from other people who have done the program that they actually gain a lot of energy from doing the program.

One of the problems I'm working through is trying to get more sleep. I'm always hit or miss with sleep. My mind is very active so it's hard to calm it down. The last few days I have been sleeping better though. It's hard to say why. I have been trying to finish any eating 3 hours before bedtime. Also I'm certain the exercise is helping in some way.

The other problem I have is that I'm trying to gain some weight. I know that may seem ridiculous to some of you reading this but I've always been the skinny guy. Kids used to call me toothpick. So I'm actually struggling to eat enough food to gain weight. It's hard to get a lot of calories when you are eating good healthy foods. I'm gradually learning how to eat more and that's what I will continue to work on throughout the program as I think that will be the hardest challenge for us to win this competition.

So far we are right on track but to win we know we need to keep stepping it up. We are competing with a lot of other people all over the country (maybe world). It's going to take going the extra step that others won't be willing to take. So far we've learned it takes a lot of planning to make sure we are ready for all of our meals and workouts. We are traveling a lot so that makes it even harder.

Continue to pray for us as we continue to try to be more disciplined and learn what it will take to reach our goals.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment